Vote May 8th
Experience, Honesty & Integrity
My parents encouraged my siblings and me to pursue a career that we loved since we would be working for the rest of our lives; so, I chose law. After 38 years as a practicing attorney, I am even more passionate about the law and look forward to a new challenge as I pursue a judgeship. My legal experiences, family upbringing, formal education and work ethic have built the foundation necessary to be a good judge. Yet, it is the summation of all my experiences, in and out of the courtroom, that have provided me the perspective, insight and skills necessary to be an excellent judge that I did not possess as a younger man.
I was raised in a family that valued a strong work ethic and education. While working my way through a liberal arts college, I was given the opportunity to develop communication, analytical and problem-solving skills that became invaluable working with clients and the legal community.
If elected Judge I would strive to provide litigants with the opportunity to resolve disputes in a competent, timely and efficient manner. I also look forward to being part of the creative change occurring regarding sentencing options for the non-violent offender, and real bail reform for all offenders.
I have the perspective, attributes, skills and experience needed to serve the community as a Common Pleas Judge. Therefore, I respectfully ask for your endorsement.
- Attorney at Law 1980 to Present at McGinty Hilow & Spellacy Co. LPA.
- Partners: Henry Hilow & Kevin Spellacy
- Practice includes Municipal , County and Federal Court
- Assstant Law Director City of Fairview Park 2008-2015
- Law Director City of Fairview Park 2016-Present
- Assistant County Prosecutor 1980 to 1982
- Member of CJA Panel of Federal Attorneys
- Life Member 8th Judicial Conference
- Supreme Court Approved for Death Penalty Representation
- Baliff to Judge Thomas O. Matia (Deceased)
- AV Preeminent: Highest Rating for Legal Ability & Ethical Standards by Marindale-Hubbell + 30 years
- Married 38 years to Mary Gardner, Two Children
- St. Angela Merici Parish 31 years
- President Fairiew Democratic Club 2015-2017
- Executive Committee of Cuyahoga County Democratic Party
- Former Chairman of St. Augustine Manor Board of Trustees
- Trustee on Board of St. Augustine for over 15 years
- Former President St. Angela Sports Boosters
- Volunteer Ennis Court: Men's Club Facilitator